Episode 14: Use Measurements and Track Conversions, with Ralph Thompson
In this episode, you will learn about tracking conversions from Ralph Thompson, President and Chief Brain of eBrains.
Formally trained as in finance and as a CPA, Ralph gained basic experience with Price Waterhouse Coopers and then moved on to NYSE regional banking firm where he advanced to become a top finance and administration executive over 10 years. He took his first entrepreneurial step as co-owner and COO of The Martin Agency (an Ad Age Agency of the Year) where he grew the company from 20 people to 250 over a 10 year period before selling it to Interpublic Group. His next adventure started when he co-founded eBrains to focus on digital marketing in the travel and tourism industry. eBrains is celebrating its 18th year. The company was sold three years ago to a DC marketing holding company and Ralph remains in his role as President and Chief Brain. Ralph enjoys using ample blessings of both sides of the brain to help brands leverage the digital marketing space to drive more measurable incremental ROI. He enjoys spending time with his wife of 48 years, two children, 3 grandchildren and collaborating with friends and colleagues. Ralph enjoys golf, wine, great food and travel.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- Ralph’s background
- How Ralph used co-registration with Virginia Tourism to reduce the cost of sending out travel guides from $12 to $2 at a time when co-registration was looked down upon
- How Ralph has figured out how to track a much higher than average percent of conversions
- How Ralph used digital strategies to inspire overnight stays in Buffalo and Niagara Falls from nearby Ontario Canada travelers
- Why a simplistic measurement is better than no measurement
- How Ralph encourages his team to invent best practices rather than follow best practices
- The mobile Cost Per Action (CPA) network that Ralph is working on
- Why you need to leverage your own resources and develop strategic partnerships to deliver the best possible product
- How to find the best partners or “co-petitors”